The following proposal was presented at the September 14, 2002 GPVA quarterly business meeting as the basis for a working committee, with language to be added to the bylaws at a later date. The committee was approved by majority vote.
The GPVA shall have a Platform Committee, accountable to the GPVA and responsible for proposing changes in the GPVA platform.
1. Membership on the GPVA Platform Committee is open to all GPVA members.
2. The Platform Committee shall choose a Chairperson from among its members. The Chairperson shall be approved by the Interim Committee.
3. GPVA Locals are encouraged to discuss the platform and submit platform proposals.
1. The Platform Committee shall meet at least quarterly.
2. The Platform Committee shall formulate, discuss, and recommend to the GPVA membership proposed changes to the GPVA platform.
3. The Platform Committee shall coordinate its activities with the GPVA Locals.
4. The Platform Committee shall report its activities at each GPVA quarterly business meeting.