[fgp-announce] Fwd: [gpva-ic] How to join the meeting Sunday

Dr. Christopher Fink verdicorps at comcast.net
Sat Jan 27 04:59:50 EST 2018

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[gpva-ic] How to join the meeting Sunday
Date: 	Fri, 26 Jan 2018 12:55:47 -0500
From: 	Sid Smith via gpva-ic <gpva-ic at vagreenparty.org>
To: 	GPVA Business <gpva-business at vagreenparty.org>,
gpva-announce at vagreenparty.org, GPVA Interim Committee Listserve
<gpva-ic at vagreenparty.org>

Dear Virginia Greens,

As you know, this Sunday the 28th at 1pm is our state party
teleconference business meeting. Local reps, please let me know if your
local will be represented by an alternate, who it is, and how to contact
them. Here is the information on how to join in:

1. Dial into the meeting:
    Dial-in Number: (515) 739-1413 - United States
    Access Code: 999121
    International Dial-in Numbers:
https://www.freeconferencecall.com/wall/bsidneysmith/#international

2. Join the meeting online:
    Online Meeting Link: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/bsidneysmith
    Online Meeting ID: bsidneysmith

Instructions:
At the scheduled date and time of the meeting, dial into the conference
line. When prompted, enter the Access Code followed by the pound key.
To join the online meeting, click on the meeting link listed above and
follow the prompts to join the meeting.
For 24/7 customer service please call 844-844-1322

IMPORTANT: While participating in the meeting remotely, it is critical
that you mute your phone/microphone except when you are speaking. The
background noise from a dozen phones and computers at once can make
hearing anyone impossible. When you wish to speak, unmute and say,
loudly and clearly, "[your name]--stack". The facilitator will add you
to the list of people waiting to speak, and ask you to do so in the
correct order. If you are joining by computer, you can also get on the
stack using the chat function.

LEADERSHIP COUNCIL MEMBERS: We will conduct votes on major decisions,
including officer and delegate elections, using OpaVote.com. You will
receive an email invitation to vote for each election, probably prior to
the start of the meeting. You should wait to vote until all the
candidates for a given office have had an opportunity to speak during
the meeting.

Let me know if you have any questions. Looking forward to seeing/hearing
folks in a few days!

Sid

************************
P.S. In case you missed the agenda, here it is again:

Dear Virginia Greens,

We will hold our next state party business meeting on Sunday, January
28, by teleconference from 1pm to 4pm. Any member may join this meeting
using either a phone or internet connection. Details on how to join will
be sent to the business list several days before the meeting.

NOTE TO LC MEMBERS: PLEASE PREPARE WRITTEN REPORTS AND SEND THEM TO THE
BUSINESS LIST AT LEAST A FEW DAYS BEFORE THE MEETING.

The major business item on this agenda is the election of officers and
delegates. Please review the positions that will be elected. If you
would like to nominate someone (or self-nominate) for any of these
positions, please let your local representative know and he can forward
the nomination to the co-chairs and business list. ALL NOMINATIONS MUST
BE ANNOUNCED AND AGREED TO BY THE NOMINEE BEFORE MIDNIGHT ON THE DAY
BEFORE THE MEETING. Nominees should send a brief statement to the
business list-serve to familiarize members with their qualifications.

Thanks,

Sid & Tamar, co-chairs

*******************
AGENDA OF GPVA BUSINESS MEETING ON SUNDAY, JAN 28 2018.

LOCATION: Teleconference meeting using FreeConferenceCall.com.
Call/login details to be provided a few days before the meeting.
Participants will need access to a computer and the internet in order to
cast votes. Non-voting members may fully participate by phone.

TIME: 1pm to 4pm

(For purposes of calculating quorum, currently active locals represented
at at least one of the previous two scheduled business meetings were
Arlington, Blue Ridge, Charlottesville, Fairfax, Fredericksburg, Hampton
Roads, Lynchburg, New River Valley, Richmond, and Shenandoah.)

INTRODUCTION (10 mins)

Choose facilitator, note taker, timekeeper, vibes watcher.

(Notes for our new members: Anyone can be take on any one of these roles
for a business meeting. If you would like to volunteer to take one of
these roles you are free to do so, or someone may nominate you to do so.
In the event two or more people are interested in serving in the same
role, a co-chair will poll the members present regarding their
preference. Facilitators should be familiar with both consensus practice
and parliamentary norms, and possessed of both patience and
self-confidence.)

Ratify agenda. (5 min)
Approve minutes of last meeting. (5 min)

OFFICIAL REPORTS (3 mins each -- total 30 mins)

(Detailed reports should be submitted in writing to the business
listserve, and highlights only briefly summarized at the meeting.)
Co-Chair's report.
Treasurer's report.
Webmaster's report.
GPUS delegates and committee members' reports.
Local reports.

OLD BUSINESS

Confirmation of LC interim decisions: (5 mins)

     Committee appointments: Sid Smith to DRC, Tom Yager to
Accreditation, Tamar Yager to Finance
     Social Media Guidelines

Review of election (10 min)

Report and recommendation of the Committee on Committees. (20 min)

Review of website progress (10 min)

NEW BUSINESS

Proposal (from Faifax Green Party) to endorse the Wolf-PAC Resolution
(attached). (20 min)

ELECTIONS (60 mins)

(Note: officer and delegate elections are a "major decision" under bylaw
Para. 10.3. Voting members will cast their vote online using OpaVote.com.)

Press Secretary
General Secretary
Co-chair (nominally male or "not female"; see bylaws Para. 14.1.1.)
List-serve Moderator
National Delegates (2 delegates, 2 alternates)