[fgp-chat] Fwd: Victory in North Carolina!

Dr. Christopher Fink verdicorps at comcast.net
Sat Apr 14 22:34:23 EDT 2018

NationBuilder
Green Party of the United States
<http://www.gp.org/r?u=http%3A%2F%2Fgp.org&e=359776ed1be95904aedde5be58cf82fd&utm_source=gpus&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=18apr14_ncbac&n=1&v=1092>

Hello,

As of March 27, the North Carolina Green Party is now a ballot-qualified
party!

This is a historic moment. It’s the first time that Greens have been on
the ballot in the Tarheel State. North Carolina was one of the few
states where the Stein/Baraka campaign did not have ballot access in
2016 -- due to draconian laws that would have required Greens to collect
over 90,000 petition signatures. But thanks in large part to hard work
on the ground by Greens, a new state law has put us on the ballot.

*Now over 2.5 million more voters will be able to register to vote
Green, and elect Greens at all levels. *

With our recent successes in North Carolina, Utah, and Montana, the
Green Party's ballot-access drive is gaining momentum to put us on track
for a strong 2020 presidential campaign. Will you donate $50 or whatever
you can afford so that the national party can continue to support our
state parties with ballot access, campaign schools, and other organizing
efforts?
<https://gpus.nationbuilder.com/donate_green_party?e=359776ed1be95904aedde5be58cf82fd&utm_source=gpus&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=18apr14_ncbac&n=2&v=1092>

The North Carolina State Board of Elections is printing new voter
registration forms with the "Green Party" option on them. This means we
will soon add thousands of newly registered Greens to the 200,000+
nationwide in other states that allow Green registration.

This new law also helps set a precedent we hope other states will follow
tolower their ballot access requirements -- because voter choice and
access to the ballot are democratic values that everyone should support
on principle.

*We hope to replicate this success in other states in 2018. Please throw
in whatever you can -- $50, $20, $5 -- to help us grow the Green Party’s
ballot access nationwide.
<https://gpus.nationbuilder.com/donate_green_party?e=359776ed1be95904aedde5be58cf82fd&utm_source=gpus&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=18apr14_ncbac&n=3&v=1092>*

Opening up the ballot is good for North Carolina and will help to
reinvigorate the political process. People have given up on the
two-party system, and too many voters stay home on Election Day. The
largest voting bloc right now is the disaffected American -- people are
hungry for real grassroots participation in politics and in their
communities.

The Green Party in North Carolina looks forward to giving people a
reason to engage and fight for the future that we all deserve.

Sincerely,

Tony Ndege

Co-Chair, Green Party of the United States
Co-Chair, North Carolina Green Party
Ballot Access Committee Regional Liaison

P.S. Green candidates have been winning locally recently, including
Christine Elms in New York and Yogesh Chawla in Wisconsin. Chip in $25
to help get Greens on the ballot and then elect them!
<https://gpus.nationbuilder.com/donate_green_party?e=359776ed1be95904aedde5be58cf82fd&utm_source=gpus&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=18apr14_ncbac&n=4&v=1092>

P.P.S. You can help us keep up our efforts to grow the party year-round
by becoming a monthly donor at $7 or $10 or whatever you can afford.
<http://www.gp.org/r?u=http%3A%2F%2Fgp.org%2Fdonate_monthly&e=359776ed1be95904aedde5be58cf82fd&utm_source=gpus&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=18apr14_ncbac&n=5&v=1092>

<https://gpus.nationbuilder.com/donate_green_party?e=359776ed1be95904aedde5be58cf82fd&utm_source=gpus&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=18apr14_ncbac&n=6&v=1092>

Green Party of the United States · PO Box 75075, Washington, DC 20013,
United States .

<http://www.gp.org/r?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FGreenPartyUS&e=359776ed1be95904aedde5be58cf82fd&utm_source=gpus&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=18apr14_ncbac&n=8&v=1092>
<http://www.gp.org/r?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fgreenpartyus&e=359776ed1be95904aedde5be58cf82fd&utm_source=gpus&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=18apr14_ncbac&n=9&v=1092>
<http://www.gp.org/r?u=https%3A%2F%2Fplus.google.com%2Fcommunities%2F102653783893662302489&e=359776ed1be95904aedde5be58cf82fd&utm_source=gpus&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=18apr14_ncbac&n=10&v=1092>