[fgp-chat] Fwd: How we will get Jill in the debates

Dr. Christopher Fink verdicorps at comcast.net
Sun Sep 4 18:33:57 EDT 2016

Jill 2016
<http://www.jill2016.com/r?u=http%3A%2F%2Fjill2016.com&e=685d8f5c5c773663a8f4d277fd3d485d0714074f&utm_source=jillstein&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=debates1&n=1&v=67>

Dear Greens,

*So here’s the deal, folks:* We’ve got less than a month before the
first presidential debate. The Democratic- and Republican-controlled
Commission on Presidential Debates has rigged the system to keep out
independent voices like Jill Stein.

This private corporation with a phony, official-sounding name requires
candidates like Jill to reach 15 percent in polls conducted only by
certain polling agencies before they are allowed on stage.

But Green Party candidates are not even included in some of these polls.
Mainstream media outlets have only been covering Jill in any meaningful
way for about a month. Too few people know her.

In the meantime, our campaign has relied on grassroots organizing to get
the word out in the streets and on social media. But that’s just one
piece of our strategy.

*In fact, you are our secret weapon to get Jill on that debate stage
September 26.*
<http://www.jill2016.com/lte_points_debates?e=685d8f5c5c773663a8f4d277fd3d485d0714074f&utm_source=jillstein&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=debates1&n=2&v=67>

We know that when people stand up and make enough noise together, the
powerful step aside, doors open and institutions bow down to the will of
the people.

In fact, a 2008 grassroots campaign helped Canadian Green Party’s
Elizabeth May win a spot in nationally televised debates after the media
had initially tried to lock her out.

We need to break down the opposition to open debates in the United
States. And we need you to make noise by writing a letter to the editor
of your favorite newspapers, magazines and other publications by
*Friday, September 9*.

That deadline gives your emails and snail mail enough time to arrive at
the desks of key players in our democracy before the first debate is
finalized.

*Here are tips on writing an effective letter to the editor, including
important points about the presidential debates.*
<http://www.jill2016.com/lte_points_debates?e=685d8f5c5c773663a8f4d277fd3d485d0714074f&utm_source=jillstein&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=debates1&n=3&v=67>

We have a chance to make history. But to get Jill a spot in the debates,
everyone's got to be all in.

/It’s in our hands!/

The Stein/Baraka Campaign Team

P.S. *Send a letter to the editor of five of your must-read
publications!*
<http://www.jill2016.com/lte_points_debates?e=685d8f5c5c773663a8f4d277fd3d485d0714074f&utm_source=jillstein&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=debates1&n=4&v=67>

Jill 2016
<http://www.jill2016.com/r?u=http%3A%2F%2Fjill2016.com&e=685d8f5c5c773663a8f4d277fd3d485d0714074f&utm_source=jillstein&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=debates1&n=5&v=67>