May 13, 1997
The Rockbridge Greens met at 7:00 P.M. , at the Rockbridge Regional Library
in Lexington, Virginia.
Present: Eric Sheffield, Eli Fishpaw , Stephanie Porras (notetaker).
1. Minutes: Minutes from the April meeting were not available for approval
at this time.
2. Delegate Races: are under way with the nomination of at least six
candidates for the Nov. election. Nominations for Charles Jordan, Daniel
Metraux, Dale Diaz, Sherry Stanley, Eli Fispaw and James Ford were
reaffirmed. James has not yet accepted the Green Party nomination.
Eli made an appeal for PLANNING AND ASSISTANCE ($$$) he will need in order
to fullfill the commitment.
3. Soil and Water Conservation District: All seats are up for election on
the Nov. ballot. Eric noted that this is a three year term. We agreed to
try to recruit candidates.
4. Blue Heron Cafe: We approved an experiment to see if the community
could finance the $50,000 expansion of this restaurant. Eric presented a
draft flier and letter for mailing to the Rockbridge Greens. We approved
5. Rockbridge Green Pages: An application form was presented by Eric and
aproved for use.
6. Greens of Virginia meeting was held in Fairfax, April 19, 1997. Twelve
Greens were nominated for Delegate. A bylaw amendment was adopted for
platform revisions. All GPVA members will be mailed a ballot to vote on
7. Community Festival application has been submitted for our usual space.
8. Summer Gathering: is scheduled for July 11 through July 13, 1997 with
Eli and Kathy Fox heading the organization. Ideas for
topics/activities/discussions are solicited.
9. We agreed to hold our next meeting, June 10, 1997, 7pm at the
Rockbridge Regional Library in Lexington.