March 11, 1997
The Rockbridge Greens met at 7:00 P.M. at the home of Jeanne Hepler in
Present: Eric Sheffield, Eli Fishpaw (note taker), Kathy Fox, Adrienne Hall
Bodie, Jeanne Hepler.
1. Minutes: Minutes from the February meeting were read and accepted
2. Treasurer's report: Eric reported a blance of $403.80. Our yearly levy
to the Greens of Virginia is about $300 and none has been paid yet.
Response to the voluntary dues notice has been weak.
3. Delegate Race effort reported by Eric. Charlie Jordan of the 9th
district has decided to run. Eric has decided to run if no other Green
candidate from his district has stepped forward. Other potential
candidates were discussed. ( Phil Welsh, Joan Manley, Darrel Croson)
4. Platform Meeting: Report on platform meeting in Charlottesville given by
Eli. The committee is working on a format that would include a hierarchy
of positions that includes core values and positions that we hope all
candidates representing the Greens will support strongly. Tier two
referred to as the laundry list includes more specific strategies for
implementing the tier one values. The meeting went through our last
platform and decided which values were core values. The group asked Eli to
write up these in a concise form. The meeting also went through the
laundry list that had been submitted in writing. Sherry Stanley took notes
and agreed to write up the revisions for consideration in the wider
5. Rockbridge Green Pages: Eric gave a report on the Green Pages.
Applications for listing in the Green Pages will be ready next month. The
strategy is to start out as an expansion of our web site. Eventually this
will result in a paper copy to be sent out to all households in the county.
This is to include all local businesses that choose to participate at no
cost to them. When it is published, graphic display adds will be included
at cost to the business, potential revenue for the greens. Adrienne Bodie
has agreed to edit the Green Pages.
6. We agreed to hold our next meeting, April 8, 1997 at the home of Sherry
Stanley in Verona.