January 14, 1997 - 7:00 P.M.
Rockbridge Library, Lexington
Present: Eric Sheffield, Stephanie Porrass, Sherry Stanley (note taker),
Work: During the meeting, the members of the steering committee stuffed and
addressed envelopes for the GOV fund raiser.
1. Minutes: We read and approved the minutes of the November meeting, our
last official meeting because of the annual Rockbridge Greens party in
2. Steering committee: We nominated ourselves to serve as the steering
committee, accepted our nominations, and welcome others to join us.
3. Rockbridge Green Pages: Eric reported on our progress re the Rockbridge
Green Pages. We have decided to compile the list of local businesses and
services in an electronic version. This will go on our web site.
We already have three volunteers: Eric as volunteer
coordinator/recruiter,Tom Ahnemann as data base consultant, and Nell Bolen
serving as website coordinator. Once we get the Green Pages in electronic
form, it then would be fairly easy to move to printed form some time in the
Eric asked that we send out this information and requests for help to all
Rockbridge Greens and then follow up the mailing with phone calls. He asked
that we set aside $300 for mailing and advertising costs in our efforts to
compile the lists. We approved of the effort and the funding.
4. Levy proposal: Eric proposed that we ask the GOV/GPVA to increase the
levy on locals from the Current $2.00 per member per year to $300 per
member per year. We supported such an increase.
5. Future meetings: We agreed to continue meeting on a monthly basis for
right now. Next meeting 2/11/97, 7pm, Rockbridge Regional Library.