The Rockbridge Greens
October 18, 2001, 7:00 PM
Attending: Eric Sheffield (facilitator), Philip Hyre (notetaker), Catherine Bodnar, Eli Fishpaw, and Kathy Fox
1. Treasurer’s Report: Eric reported that the balance of the Greens bank account is currently $398.10.
2. Moore’s Creek Update: Phil gave an update on work being done by Daphne Raz in regards to the future of the Moore’s Creek Reservoir Property using notes provided by her.
3. The Rockbridge Greens Tenth Anniversary Party will be held November 14, 2001 from 6 pm to 8 pm at The Blue Heron Café. Attenders will do the dishes. Kathy and Eli will do the invitations.
4. Catherine Bodnar will serve as the chair of the nominating committee. Eric offered to serve as Treasurer. Phil offered to serve as Secretary.
5. The Rockbridge Greens will give a four year subscription to “The Progressive” to the Rockbridge Regional Library.
6. There was discussion of the association of Kathy Orion with the Virginia Greens. Eric withdrew his proposal to anti-endorse her candidacy for the House of Delegates, 12th District after consensus wasn’t reached.
7. Actions relating to Bigger Not Better were discussed. Ideas suggested were studying the relationship between Lowes and existing businesses and evaluating the benefits vs. the costs of a Technology Park.
8. The question of how Greens might respond to terrorism was discussed. It was felt that a series of forums, perhaps one per month, focusing on the relationship between the response of the United States and international law would be appropriate. Eli and Elise Sheffield will work on organizing. Kathy will help by calling Pat Tichenor at the Anglican Church to find out what their schedule is for forums on the Middle East and Islam.
The meeting adjourned at 8:15 pm.
After the meeting, Eric and Phil reserved a room at the Rockbridge Regional Library for 7 pm on January 10, 2002 and April 11, 2002.