[gpva-ic] Doodle Poll for Zoom With Margaret Elisabeth

Tina Rockett roktt at icloud.com
Sat Apr 10 10:05:16 EDT 2021

The purpose of this Zoom/poll is for the GPVA elected local leadership (leadership council) and elected leadership at the state level to assist in picking a date for a meeting in order to hear directly from a spokesperson for the NLGC that brought the complaint before the AC for an upcoming GPUS NC vote on whether to disaffiliate the state of Georgia.

The LC is not about personal opinion/availability, it is about representing your locals (of which Local Reps are a part). It is important that we at least have all Local Reps (or a substitute rep) attend in order to pass on information to members who cannot make the meeting. Please poll your members in your locals in picking a date.

The purpose of this meeting is to receive information directly from a source in the dispute in order to make an informed decision on a very serious matter through informed discussions based on what we have learned through this presentation and q&a.

Margaret Elizabeth from the NLGC has offered/asked to speak to the GPVA/state parties directly. We have had no communication from the GAGP to speak to us at this time, but Jonah has requested we meet with them as well and I would support hearing from Jimmy Cooper, a trans member of their party, who voted for the bylaws that are in dispute to hear why she feels the GAGP should not be disaffiliated.

Margaret Elizabeth will be speaking to us unless a majority of the leadership council *in representation of their local members* oppose a meeting, but the NC vote will happen with or without our LC input. It is in our best interest to support our NC delegates in making a representative decision.

In order to include the most Virginia Greens possible, please respond with preferred dates that work best for you and your members on the Doodle poll.

As Ryan said, when a date is worked out it will be posted it to the discuss, business, and IC lists.

Best,
Tina

Sent from my iPhone