[gpva-ic] [gpva-business] Results of vote to recall Montigue Magruder

Tina Rockett roktt at icloud.com
Fri Jun 21 11:33:13 EDT 2019

Hi Sean and all,

I think we need to remember that a reason for expedience for the recall is that the vote on our second GPVA sponsored Ethics Committee proposal 960 will begin midnight Sunday on  - Montigue unequivocally stated he would vote *NO* against it too.

When a Delegate (or any elected rep) takes it upon themselves to unilaterally vote against a proposal that is supported by majority *vote*, that silences *our voices* over one person’s opinion because they have the position of power to do so in casting our GPVA vote.

Montigue misused that power - he was not involved in the discussions of these proposals nor did he contact us with his concerns and he voted unilaterally against our first proposal and fully intended to do so again.

I understand this is very uncomfortable, but I really don’t think Montigue gave us much choice.

I agree we should now amend our bylaws for more specific guidelines and expectations regarding National Delegate based on this  experience.

Best,
Tina

Sent from my iPhone