[gpva-ic] Legislative committee

Elizabeth Melson Elizabeth at farmtotablesolutions.com
Fri Feb 17 12:08:15 EST 2017

I agree with Charlie. I think what we should tap into GP members who have time to spend on legislation. What we can be doing is having people assigned to a topic that alligns with Green Platform, based on their knowledge and interests. We can be more of a legislation watch, at first. Doing call to actions at appropriate at the time. We can collaborate with issue-based organizations, rather than re-inventing the wheel. With General Assembly closing soon, we can begin evaluating bills that are continued or likely to be reintroduced.
Hot button issues that were controversially killed, how we can capitalize on the outrage. For example, the Women's March Virginia group, One Virginia and many others are out for Cole, HD88, for killing the redistricting legislation despite vast public support. That's good for Gerald Anderson's delegate run. This committee should include all GPVA members running for delegate.

Kind Regards,

Elizabeth Melson

Farm-to-Table Solutions, Founder
Marketing ● Edible Landscaping ● Consulting & Advocate for Virginia’s Northern Piedmont sustainable food economy + artisans
Rixeyville, Virginia

mobile: 540-316-1157
email: elizabeth at farmtotablesolutions.com

website: http://www.farmtotablesolutions.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farmtotablesolutions

Virginia Industrial Hemp Coalition, Regional Director - Northern Virginia

Piedmont Green Party, Co-Chair

Distributor of Green Remedy Inc. CBD nutritional, hemp food & body care products.

Required DISCLAIMER for Green Remedy, Inc and Farm-to-Table Solutions: These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease. Always check with your physician before starting a new dietary supplement program. Green Remedy Inc. and Farm-to-Table Solutions does not sell or distribute any products that are in violation of the United States Controlled Substances Act (US CSA).