[gpva-ic] Bylaw amendment proposal: voting on major decisions

k mookerjee kamno5 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 2 12:06:31 EST 2016

All

Most notable for me in decisionmaking is that we continue to seek consensus meaning that all members participate in the discussion and the proposed bylaw amendment only applies where someone has a "blocking concern" and the matter must go to a vote.

Peace,

Kirit

Arlington

in

CURRENT LANGUAGE

10.3.1 Major decisions shall be made by consensus of those GPVA members present, or if consensus cannot be achieved, a vote of three-fifths voting members present, unless the Bylaws specify a different approval threshold for the decision at hand.

PROPOSED LANGUAGE (change in bold)

10.3.1 Major decisions shall be made by consensus of those GPVA members present or, if consensus cannot be achieved, a vote of three-fifths of voting members present, unless the Bylaws specify a different approval threshold for the decision at hand. Voting members are the co-chairs, treasurer, press secretary, web-master, and one representative from each local present, except that no person shall have more than one vote. If at-large members are present they will be polled individually on the question and their majority opinion, if any, will count as one vote.