No subject

Sun Nov 17 10:59:01 EST 2013

exclusion of nominations from the floor, not having the election at the
June meeting in Richmond.

Richmond is easier for most Greens in the state to get to, and I really
don't see how we are being distracted from searching for candidates by
holding the elections in June.  I would think that the reopening of this
matter would constitute a greater distraction.

If we have such a flood of candidates at the meeting that we have no time
for other business, we can vote to postpone the elections to September.  No
problem.

We have never used Robert's Rules of Order in the six years that I have
been in the party, and especially not in the manner that they are being
used now.  We have never moved for instantaneous reconsiderartion of a
proposal after it passes.  We're getting into a procedural hall of mirrors
when tactical votes are cast in favor of a proposal in order to overturn it
later on.  Should I tactically vote YES on this proposal instead of
honestly voting NO in the hope that after it passes, I can reopen debate
AGAIN? Should I do this to get the date moved up to June again or back to
November in order to extract a few more months out of my term?  Our
meetings would become a nightmare if we were to operate like this.

Tom

Election To Be Held in Richmond on June 10

> Dear IC Members:
>
> Charlie's motion to reconsider the recently adopted motion to schedule
GPVA