[gpva-ic] Receipt (was Re: Vote (was Re: Convening IC--Reimbursement))

aloe at rev.net aloe at rev.net
Mon May 20 03:15:04 EDT 2013

John,

This invoice shows a cost of $ 237.50 to mail a quantity of 500. The
proposal specified $236 for a quantity of 467. It appears that for an
additional $1.50, another 33 postcards were mailed. The numbers do not
match.

To a club, this small discrepancy might be trivial. However, GPVA is a
visible political party, trying to convince the public that we are
capable of scrupulously minding tax revenues. If our books don't
balance, what financial credibility will we have?

Whether you want to pursue this any further is up to you. Do you see any
point in trying to change my mind?

Charlie Jordan
Blue Ridge Greens
<http://www.rev.net/~aloe/green/brg.html>