[gpva-ic] FW: Meeting of Greens in Richmond December 1st

Tamar Yager tamar at gp.org
Wed Nov 28 15:29:59 EST 2012

It's easy to conduct elections for one office as a replacement.   But to
do an stv election with only a few people participating is very hard
unless we have some sort of voting software.  We typically don't have more
than 15 people at a meeting.  I wish we did.
I don't care when
elections are held but some of the members have been arguing that we need
to have elections NOW.   I'd be happy with having a teleconference in
January and the regular meeting in the spring but I don't think others
would be.
Tamar     Tamar,

       You say you don't
understand how to conduct officer elections       without an in-person
meeting. Let me remind you that in April, you       participated in the
online election of a press secretary.

       I don't see
why officer elections must be held in January. Will       the world come
to an end if we postpone it until the spring?

appreciate your offers regarding lodging and will consider them.
Please understand that to avoid driving in the dark, I might have       to
leave home Friday morning, not drive after 5:00 p.m. on       Saturday,
and arrive home Epiphany Sunday afternoon.

appreciate that I was afforded the use of a wire to connect to       the
Internet at the September       meeting. I am
considering buying one of my own. What is it called?       Will I need it
in January.

       Charlie
Jordan