[gpva-ic] Approval of Final Draft Minutes of the GPVA Quarterly Business Meeting in Richmond on June 10, 20

Audrey Clement aclement65 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 21 10:05:01 EDT 2007

Charlie,

The objection that quorum was not met by the deadline on the vote to approve
the minutes is valid. But I am the one who set the deadline for voting at
midnight, July 4 and the deadline proved unrealistic. In the event the
Bylaws specify no deadline for conducting IC votes. The Bylaws are also
silent on the need for approval of the minutes.

In fact the only requirement in the Bylaws on the subject of minutes is that
they be distributed to the
locals within two weeks of the meeting as per Section XV.F.5. Because of my
desire to get approval of the minutes,
as per Robert's Rules, I have overlooked this requirement. So if your logic
obtained, the minutes would
never be distributed, the deadline for doing so having passed.

Regarding Tom Yager's vote to approve the minutes, he was co-chair at the
outset of the meeting. So I believe that entitled him to a vote.

Audrey