[gpva-ic] Proof is in the pudding

k mook redno52001 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 15 12:53:02 EST 2003

Sorry for late reply as I, too, was at Nader's
function last night.

Despite Jim Polk's attempt at fairness and playing the
devil's advocate, the minutes as sent to this list are
incomplete, slanted, and outrageous (as someone who
was at the meeting from 650pm to 730pm).

1) There is no mention of the fact that serious
objections were raised by Jim Lowenstern, Paul Hughes,
and myself.
a) I objected at the outset to Carey's agenda citing
Jim Lowenstern's announced one as valid given his
status as official Contact of NOVA Greens.
b) I objected for the record to the immediate voting
process without discussion quoting,"as an officer of
the Green Party of Virginia I find it wholly
inappropriate to make significant decisions on
electing officers and changing the website without
making a good faith effort at consensus or even
notifying the NOVA members."

2) The minutes state that by a 5-4 vote certain people
were elected (more like selected) to a Steering
committee and goes on to say their terms are for 2
years until Jan/2006. This is completely arbitrary
given no discussion of this term length or in fact ANY
discussion of qualifications to serve on this
"Steering" committee. Jim Lowenstern's name is notably
missing from this list despite no objection to
his nomination.

After reading these minutes, I agree with Charles,
Eric and others that have spoken out--decisions
reached at this meeting are not legitimate as they
violate the Ten Key Values and established NOVA
meeting procedures. I would term this new group the
"CareyCampbellGreens".

Respectfully (and sadly at our spending so much time
on this),

Kirit

Thursday December 4, 2003
15 people attended the meeting. It lasted 1 hour 15
minutes.
1) Call to Order 7:00 pm
2) Introductions
3) Select meeting Chairman - Carey Campbell,
Timekeeper - Allen Dobey,
Recorder - Joe Oddo
4) Accept agenda Vote to accept passes 5 - 4.
5) Elect Steering Committee Slate en Mass: duties:
Chair 1 meeting a year.
Assemble agenda. Term effective immediately - through
Jan 2006
1) Tim Unrine - Designated Communications Director 2)
Joe Oddo -
Designated Webmaster and State Contact 3) KC McAlpin -
Designated
Treasurer 4) Allen Dobey 5) James Campbell 6) Carey
Campbell
Vote to accept passes 5 - 4
Designations determined after meeting.
6) Draft/Nominate 11 candidates to stand for congress
in 2004 1) Joe Oddo
(11th District) 2) KC McAlpin (8th District) 3) Tim
Unrine 4) James
Campbell 5) Ann Robinson (10th District) 6) Rick
Herron 7) Chris Fink -
Fredericksburg 8) Scott Burger - Richmond 9) Cindy
Bowles - Norfolk 10)
Kirit Mookerbee 11) Susan Dridi Alternates: Larry
Yates, Roger Clarke,
David Harbor (Blacksburg), Scott York, Marc Rossi
(10th). Submit petition
gathering schedule to state. (Chairman duty).
This is the starting list. We seek to fill all 11
seats, and list these to
get the state thinking of helping us fill these spots.
Several of those
listed will decline. At this meeting, Kirit took his
name out of the
running. Kirit Also said Ann Robinson had decided not
to run. After the
meeting KC removed his name.
The draft nomination process was approved 7 - 4.
The nomination for Joe Oddo as our only declared
candidate was approved 11-1.
7) Change NOVA Green web site address. Passed 6 - 4
8) Authorize publication of these minutes. Approved 8
- 4
9) Authorize series of related press releases.
Approved 7 - 4
10) Call for Susan Dridi, state va green IT director
to immediately post
candidate nominations at top of state banner page, add
links to candidate
web sites. Approved 10 - 1
11) Authorize Candidates & Steering Committee to call
for Prez candidate &
schedule public Nader meeting. Approved 10 - 2.
12) Set next meeting date. As January 7, 2004. Site
TBD.
Adjourn.