[fgp-chat] Logistics Checklist for July 14th speaking event

Dr. Christopher Fink html-fgp at fgp.vagreenparty.org
Sat Jul 6 11:55:01 EDT 2019

FGP Members --

As most of you know, we will be hosting a speaking event next Sunday,
July 14th, at the downtown Fredericksburg library, featuring Tina
Rockett and Dr. Sidney Smith of the VA state Green Party.

Details can be found on our website: http://fgp.vagreenparty.org/node/63

... and on our Facebook event page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/460219804774661/

In preparation for this event, I have put together the following
logistics checklist.  We hope you will volunteer for one or more of
these tasks.  Promotional tasks like printing and distributing
flyers/posters can be done on your own, if you like.   For other tasks,
we request you contact Sean Imanian (our Coordinator) at
chair at fgp.vagreenparty.org <mailto:chair at fgp.vagreenparty.org> to
register as a volunteer, so we may ensure everything gets done without
duplication.

Thanks, and see you there!  I'm sure this will be a fun and informative
event for all.

- Chris Fink, FGP Webmaster

_*LOGISTICS CHECKLIST*_

 1. *Promotion: Invite Facebook Friends* -- Simply visit our FB event
    page, click on "Interested" or "Going", then click on "Share/Invite
    Friends".
 2. *Promotion: Poster Distribution* -- Download the poster HERE
    <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vl0VTlwaHZ6rxSNm99xsIhRtr6r_xjG68ichYe-Dst0/edit>
    (click "File/Download As../PDF"), print out a few copies, and put
    them up in places with lots of traffic (coffee shops, bookstores,
    UMW campus, Caroline St. poster boards, etc.)
 3. *Promotion: Flyer Distribution* -- Download the flyer HERE (click
    "File/Download As../PDF"), print out a few copies, cut them into 2x2
    sections, and distribute them hand-to-hand around town.
 4. *Day of Event:  Snacks & Beverages *-- We need a few people to
    supply chips, soda, or perhaps even food leftover from our meal
    program.  See Sean <mailto:chair at fgp.vagreenparty.org> or our
    Treasurer (Gerald Anderson) <mailto:treasurer at fgp.vagreenparty.org>
    to coordinate reimbursement.
 5. *Day of Event: Set-up Crew* -- We will need a couple of people to
    set up chairs in the main hall prior to the event, and make sure we
    have strategically-placed tables for literature distribution.
 6. *Day of Event: Programs* -- One of our officers needs to ensure that
    we have a large supply of event programs to hand out as people come
    through the door. These are available for download & printing HERE.
    <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dibvq86UyE-VOKvAYZLJppTv5xMhRIF8jaC1-6yTmWc/edit>
 7. *Day of Event: Literature & Donations* :  One of our officers needs
    to ensure that we have a large supply of GP promotional literature
    handy, an FGP sign-up sheet or tablet computer open to the FGP
    sign-up page <http://fgp.vagreenparty.org/user/register>, and a
    donations jar.  Committee chairs are encouraged to put together
    their own literature and sign-up sheets to entice people to join
    their committees!
 8. *Day of Event: Manning Literature Tables *-- We need one or two
    people to sit at these tables and greet attendees, distribute our
    literature, take donations, record attendance, and get people to
    sign up as members of the Green Party.
 9. *Day of Event: Take-Down Crew* -- We will need a couple of people to
    take down the chairs and tables at the end of the event, clean up as
    necessary, and remove garbage/recyclables.