[fgp-chat] GPVA Meeting report and CALL FOR NOMINATIONS

Dr. Christopher Fink verdicorps at comcast.net
Mon Aug 7 23:27:08 EDT 2017

Dear Virginia Greens,

Yesterday we finished the GPVA business meeting that was started on July
23rd. We addressed three important topics that I will summarize below.

First, the members agreed by consensus, with one standing aside, that we
will form an ad hoc committee to gather information and form a
comprehensive proposal regarding our standing committees. Specifically,
this "committee committee" will propose which existing committees we
should keep, what new committees should be formed, and what the duties
of each committee should be.

WE ARE TAKING NOMINATIONS for this committee until this Friday, August
11th, at midnight. Any current GPVA member may be nominated for this
committee, and self-nominations are okay. (Do not nominate anyone
without that person's prior consent.) Following nominations, we will
conduct a vote using Approval Voting on OpaVote.com. This vote will
close on Tuesday, August 15th, at midnight. Exactly five (5) members
from among the nominees will be selected.

The committee will be convened by email after the election, and will
decide on a facilitator and mode of communication. (The mode chosen must
be transparent to the membership.) They will have five weeks to
promulgate their proposal, which will be placed on the agenda of our
next business meeting.

Please send any nominations for the committee-committee to the business
list-serve, and also directly to co-chairs at vagreenparty.org
<mailto:co-chairs at vagreenparty.org>. Again, nominations must be received
before midnight Friday.

In addition, the meeting today agreed to consider a proposal at our next
business meeting for the creation of a Political Response Team, to
include the press secretary, a legislative coordinator, a campaign
coordinator, and a political liaison from each local. Details of this
proposal will be forthcoming.

Finally, the members agreed by consensus, with one standing aside, to
hold a GPVA Summit in September as our fall general meeting. The purpose
of this summit will be to formulate and articulate the GPVA's vision and
political agenda. Details on the format of this summit will be worked
out over the coming few weeks, and all are welcome to provide input.

I will hope to have the minutes published within a few days, as well as
information about how to access the recording of the meeting (both days)
for those interested in listening. In the meantime, I'm sure your local
representative can answer any questions you may have, and you are always
welcome to communicate with Tamar and me as well.

Many thanks to all,

Sid