[fgp-chat] Fwd: And Our New Organizer Is...

Dr. Christopher Fink verdicorps at comcast.net
Sat Mar 4 01:36:57 EST 2017

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	And Our New Organizer Is...
Date: 	Fri, 03 Mar 2017 20:11:47 +0000
From: 	Green Party of the United States <office at gp.org>

NationBuilder
Green Party of the United States
<http://www.gp.org/r?u=http%3A%2F%2Fgp.org&e=359776ed1be95904aedde5be58cf82fd&utm_source=gpus&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ff_3_3_17_b&n=1>

Hello ,

GPUS_e_First_Friday_Sustainers-header.pngToday is First Friday. And if
you’ve never given on First Friday, here's the overview—*since May of
2015, on the first Friday of every month, we ask our supporters to give
$5 (or more) to GPUS.*

Why $5? Because most can afford $5 and we're all about inclusivity.
Also, with over 40,000 active GPUS supporters - if 1,000 or more people
gave $5 dollar donations it would make a huge impact.

And now, there’s no better time to give because GPUS has hired Adrián
Boutureira to be our new Political Organizer! Adrián will be working
with Greens around the country, as well as state and national Green
Party leaders, to organize, empower and mobilize Greens so that the
Party can continue to grow from the grassroots up, elect more
candidates, raise our political profile, and mobilize more effectively
for political change. We’ve hired Adrián but there are other expenses
with organizing. We need resources for event venues, travel, and other
expenses associated with building our party.

*In 2016 we succeeded in getting 45 states on the ballot in 2016!*  But
it wasn’t easy. Our Ballot Access Committee is working on plans to get
all states on the ballot by 2020. Many states can petition now and we
want to take advantage of that by working in those states but we need
money to do that.

YES! I want support our ballot access and organizing work with my
donation!
<https://gpus.nationbuilder.com/first_friday_one_time?e=359776ed1be95904aedde5be58cf82fd&utm_source=gpus&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ff_3_3_17_b&n=2>

We support Green campaigns at every level. Plus we also help them with
campaign infrastructure: training their volunteers, providing technical
support... the list is endless.

Can you imagine how much more effective we'll be when we have Green
candidates running all over that nation who are powerhouse campaigners?
Candidates who’ve been through our professional campaign schools and are
equipped with the knowledge, skills, and tools they need to get
organized, get running, and get elected.

And guess what? First Friday has yielded an unanticipated result. Many
people have upped their commitment to become monthly donors—they become
*/sustainers/.*

A modest monthly sustainer donation of $5 becomes $60 over the year, and
that's substantial. Many people give $10 or $25 or $50 or $100 a month,
and a few donate as much as *$250 a month to help the party grow*. When
we began this program, we had less than $3,000 a month in Sustainer
contributions. Now it's over $10,000!

That's a lot, and it's enough to cover our basic overhead and bare-bones
staff. But we have big goals! Our goal now is to bring in another
$10,000 a month in Sustainer income—and we'd like to invite you to be
part of that effort.

Will you help us continue our organizing and support for Greens
nationwide by becoming a monthly sustainer today?
<https://gpus.nationbuilder.com/first_friday_monthly?e=359776ed1be95904aedde5be58cf82fd&utm_source=gpus&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ff_3_3_17_b&n=3>

With another $10,000 a month ($20,000 total) in */sustainer/* income we
can count on, we can fully staff GPUS National with an Executive
Director, Frontline Communities Organizer, and Volunteer Coordinator to
manage the flood of volunteers that have come in at every level of the
party.

*Fact:* Every progressive advance our nation has ever enjoyed—from the
vote for women, to the Voting Rights Act, the Environmental Protection
Agency, to transgender rights—has been won by “outsiders” like us.

*Fact:* Economic justice, ending climate change, ending racism and
neo-fascism—the solutions will not be found in the insanity of the
establishment parties. They will be found in us, as we mobilize together
to build a real people's party.

Thank you for supporting GPUS so far. Please consider forwarding this
email to your friends so they have a chance to donate $5 today, too.

YES! I want continue our organizing and support Greens nationwide by
becoming a monthly sustainer today!
<https://gpus.nationbuilder.com/first_friday_monthly?e=359776ed1be95904aedde5be58cf82fd&utm_source=gpus&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ff_3_3_17_b&n=4>

Give Green to Grow Green!

Thank you!
Starlene Rankin

P.S. By working together, $20,000 a month in */sustainer/* income is
very do-able. When we started, we didn't even consider $10,000 a
possibility. But now, $20,000 a month in */sustainer/* income is totally
possible. Will you help us achieve it? Please thoughtfully consider
becoming a Sustainer today with your monthly donation of any amount.
Please donate today!
<https://gpus.nationbuilder.com/first_friday_monthly?e=359776ed1be95904aedde5be58cf82fd&utm_source=gpus&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ff_3_3_17_b&n=5>

P.P.S. More than a political party, we are a “pay as you go” movement. A
donation of a dollar is just as important as a $100 or $1000 donation

We don't accept any money from business, corporations, lobbyists or
Super Pacs. We are our own “pack” and we need your help to build on the
gains of this last year. Will you donate right now?
<https://gpus.nationbuilder.com/first_friday_one_time?e=359776ed1be95904aedde5be58cf82fd&utm_source=gpus&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ff_3_3_17_b&n=6>

GPUS_donate-button-one-time.png
<https://gpus.nationbuilder.com/first_friday_one_time?e=359776ed1be95904aedde5be58cf82fd&utm_source=gpus&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ff_3_3_17_b&n=7>GPUS_donate-button-monthly.png
<https://gpus.nationbuilder.com/first_friday_monthly?e=359776ed1be95904aedde5be58cf82fd&utm_source=gpus&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ff_3_3_17_b&n=8>

GPUS_donate-button-one-time-paypal.png
<https://gpus.nationbuilder.com/first_friday_paypal?e=359776ed1be95904aedde5be58cf82fd&utm_source=gpus&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ff_3_3_17_b&n=9>
PayPal_Monthly_Donation_Button.png
<https://gpus.nationbuilder.com/first_friday_paypal_monthly?e=359776ed1be95904aedde5be58cf82fd&utm_source=gpus&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ff_3_3_17_b&n=10>

Green Party of the United States
<http://www.gp.org/?e=359776ed1be95904aedde5be58cf82fd&utm_source=gpus&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ff_3_3_17_b&n=11>

Green Party of the United States · PO Box 75075, Washington, DC 20013,
United States . This email was sent to verdicorps at comcast.net. To stop
receiving emails, click here
<http://www.gp.org/unsubscribe?e=359776ed1be95904aedde5be58cf82fd&utm_source=gpus&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ff_3_3_17_b&n=12>.

<http://www.gp.org/r?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FGreenPartyUS&e=359776ed1be95904aedde5be58cf82fd&utm_source=gpus&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ff_3_3_17_b&n=13>