[fgp-chat] Happy New Year from the FGP

Dr. Christopher Fink verdicorps at comcast.net
Tue Dec 29 22:25:17 EST 2015

*Happy New Year from the Fredericksburg Green Party!*

We had a pretty good year in 2015:

  * In April, the Fredericksburg local set up and manned a booth at the
    Earth Day festival in downtown Fredericksburg, where we handed out
    flyers and GPVA/GPUS newsletters, spoke with interested citizens,
    and gathered a number of contacts for potential membership.
  * In November, the Soil & Water Board candidate we endorsed was
    elected with 93.1% of the vote.

We can do a lot more in 2016, with your help:

  * We are currently pushing to get the City of Fredericksburg and
    Stafford County to adopt zero-waste plans for their jurisdictions.
  * We have initiated a letter-writing campaign to encourage The Free
    Lance-Star to publish voting results and upcoming votes for all
    state and congressional bills, so that the public may be better
    informed about what their representatives are doing.
  * We will be helping the state Green Party (GPVA) get the national
    Green Party presidential candidate on the ballot in Virginia, by
    gathering signatures in the Fredericksburg area.
  * We are now trained & registered with the State Board of Elections,
    so that we can hold voter registration drives in advance of the 2016
    general election.

/*
*//*Get Involved!*/

The FGP meets on the /*fourth Wednesday*/ of every month, in the A/V
room of the CRRL Library Main Branch,
1201 Caroline St., in downtown Fredericksburg.  Join us to discuss local
issues and politics -- We want to hear your ideas on how to improve the
quality of life, justice, and representation in this area!

/Thanks again, /*/
/**/
/**/- FGP Officers/**/
/*