[fgp-chat] Fwd: [gpva-discuss] Fw: [usgp-nc] New GPUS Website Goes Live Mon, Sept. 21! At Last!

Dr. Christopher Fink verdicorps at comcast.net
Sat Sep 19 12:39:48 EDT 2015

-----Original Message-----
From: Karen Young via Natlcomvotes
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 3:12 PM
To: GP - GPUS Vote List
Cc: Karen Young
Subject: [usgp-nc] New GPUS Website Goes Live Mon, Sept. 21! At Last!

PLEASE PASS THIS ANNOUNCEMENT ON TO YOUR STATE PARTIES.

We are very excited to announce that our new GPUS website, powered by
Nationbuilder, is set to go live sometime over this coming weekend, and the
transition will be complete by Monday, Sept. 21, 2015.  The website will
retain the same address:  http://www.gp.org.

This new website will:

- Make it much easier for users, especially new users, to find key
information

- Be optimized for mobile

- Incorporate the new GPUS branding

- Integrate our website with our database, giving us vastly greater
opportunities to interact with people, recruit volunteers and capture
contact information

There Will Now Be TWO Websites:  One Public and One Internal

GP.org is designed to be public-facing. That is, the information there is
designed for the general public, media, potential members, etc., not for
internal administration matters.

GP.ORG: PUBLIC WEBSITE
This address will retain the platform, donation pages, general information
about the party, newsroom, candidate and elections information, and store,
as well as the ability for people to sign up for our newsletter and to
volunteer.

GPUS.ORG:  NEW WEBSITE FOR INTERNAL MATTERS
There will be a button at the top right of GP.org called “Members,” which
you can click on to access the new internal GPUS website at www.gpus.org.
Of course, you don’t have to click on this link, you can go to
http://www.gpus.org directly.  It is not password-protected, except for the
functions like the voting page that were already so.

This is a Wordpress site that will bring together all the internal functions
of the party, and hopefully make it easier for people to find what they are
looking for internally, from bylaws to brochures.

Some of our internal functions, such as our voting page and email
listserves, were hosted by Pair, and will continue to be hosted there and
not on Nationbuilder.   They are linked to on gpus.org.

You should take some time to familiarize yourself with where items appear on
gpus.org.  You can go there now. There is a search function.

We realize that this will be disruptive to some degree.  However, we are
committed to helping everyone through the transition, and we are sure that
the new websites will work better for everyone in the long run.

MIGRATED CONTENT
ALL the material that was on the old website will be archived separately,
and nothing will be lost.  The most important and current material has been
brought over (migrated) pre-launch.  Some older material will come over
later.  It would have taken much longer to get to launch, if we had waited
to get all the old material over first.  Please let us know if there is
something in particular that you really need access to in the short term,
that you don't see.

See below for a partial list of what will be included on the new gpus.org
site.

We would like to thank the Web Content Committee, which is a sub-committee
of the Steering Committee, for their work, particularly Karen Young and our
webmaster David Doonan, both of the Green Party of New York State, and Glenn
Kennedy, of the Green Party of Alabama.  They put in many, many hours to
make this new website a reality.

We would also like to thank our web developer, Zac Maybury; our branding
designer, Niall O'Kelly; and Wendy Schrier Photography.  Wendy came to St.
Paul and took many wonderful pictures of Greens that are used on the website
and our new brochure, and she did it for free.  She is now in Milwaukee, WI,
so if you need a GREAT photographer, please look her up there.

If anyone is interested in joining the Web Content committee going forward,
please contact Karen Young  at Karen.young at gp.org or David Doonan at
dadoonan at mac.com,   We would love to have enough skilled volunteers to keep
developing the website and keep fresh content coming.

Got comments or thoughts on the new website?  When the new site is up,
please post them to http://gpus.com/websitefeedback.  You will also find
this page linked to on the "Contact" page.

-30-

The sections of the new gpus.org website will include:
     Annual National Meetings
     - including links to past meeting website
    Elections
       - historical elections information
    Forums / Media
     - links to our discussion forums and listserves
     - Green Pages and Green Papers
     - archived press releases
    National Committee
     - links to voting page and delegate directory
     - GPUS bylaws, rules and procedures
    Organizing Tools
     - Organizing manual
     - Print materials such as brochures and signs
     - Campaign manuals and other campaign-related material

     Other Committees
     - Committee bylaws and other committee documents
     - Contact info
     - Links to committee websites, etc.
Karen Young
karenyoung521 at yahoo.com
National Committee Discussion Forum:
https://secure.gpus.org/secure/intranet/forum-mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=2

To communicate with other National Committee members, visit:
https://secure.gpus.org/secure/intranet/forum-mybb/

If your state delegation changes, please see:
http://www.gp.org/procedures-for-changing-delegates

To report violations of listserv protocol, write to
forummanagers at lists.gp-us.org

For other information about the National Committee, see:
http://www.gp.org/national-committee

To see archives of the prior listserv, go to
http://six.pairlist.net/mailman/private/natlcomvotes/ and use your password
to log in.