[fgp-chat] FGP Meeting Minutes 8/17/14

Dr. Christopher Fink verdicorps at comcast.net
Mon Aug 25 17:50:14 EDT 2014

Fredericksburg Green Party
Meeting Minutes
August 17, 2014

The meeting was attended by Gerald Anderson, Bill Johnson, Chris Fink,
and Larry Maxwell.
The topics discussed were:
1. Gerald's proposal #GM140817GA - Landfill Issue
Proposal was passed and progress has since been made - see Gerald's
email. Congratulations, Bill and Gerry!
2. Chris' proposal #GM140817CFa - letter campaign to Fredericksburg
Free-Lance Star concerning the publication of election results.
Proposal was passed on the stipulation that Chris and the Fredericksburg
crew would do further research on whether or not the FL-Star was already
doing this, and if we can find ways for them to improve their coverage.
3. Chris' other proposal #GM140817CFb - UMW campus greens.
Proposal was tabled awaiting developments on campus at the beginning of
the semester. Further discussion at next meeting on 9/21/14.
New Business:

  *    Gerald reported on his efforts to transfer our bank account. In
    his later correspondence, this has been achieved at the Virginia
    Partners Bank.
  * Promotional materials - Chris has completed a new version of the FGP
    flyer (see link on our website), but some formatting adjustments
    still need to be completed.
  * Some preliminary discussion on a proposed anti-fracking campaign in
    the 1st District area. Much research required.

We have conference #2 at the library reserved for every third Sunday
through 2015 except for the months of October 2014, April 2015, and
October 2015.  They hold their book sale on those days and use the
conference room.   We will have to find elsewhere or another day.
Therefore, the next scheduled meeting is now set for September 21 at the
Fredericksburg Library.
See you there!
- Larry Maxwell, FGP Chair