We have been and are involved in campaigns to raise the public sector minimum wage locally. Raising the private sector minimum wage is not legally possible at the local level. To volunteer, please email a co-chair in the in the locals tab above.
Green Party nominees for President and Vice President, Jill Stein and Ajamu Baraka have made the Virginia ballot. Want yard signs, interested in Stein events? To get in contact with the NoVA regional Stein coordinator email email@example.com If he does not get back to you, the state Stein coordinator is firstname.lastname@example.org
2014 CONGRESSIONAL RACES
11th Congressional District
Joe Galdo is the Green Party Candidate for U.S. House of Representatives in Virginia’s 11th Congressional District.
Having spent more than a decade in the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy combating global warming, breaking down technical and regulatory barriers to clean energy, expanding markets for renewable energy, and creating green jobs, Joe Galdo will be a forceful champion for significantly increasing our use of renewable energy in our electricity supply and reducing the carbon footprint of our economy. He will lead the charge to protect our water supply and will fight to prevent fracking in the George Washington National Forest, He will be an outspoken opponent of uranium mining in Virginia and the expansion of nuclear power both here and across the U.S.
Galdo embraces the Green Party’s ten key values and will strive to see that they are reflected in government policy. High on his list of priorities are:
- eliminating welfare for banks, corporations and the wealthiest of Americans;
- reducing the national debt;
- creating jobs by increasing investments in R&D, education and infrastructure;
- reducing income inequity;
- stopping widespread data collection and spying on Americans by the federal government and intimidation of the press, and restoring due process and the rule of law;
- preserving Social Security, Medicare, federal retirement and military retirement benefits;
- maintaining net neutrality and an open Internet;
- enacting the DREAM Act and developing a fair and enforceable immigration policy;
- conforming global trade policy to national interests and preserving American jobs;
- Strengthening ethics rules and campaign finance laws, and promote transparency in government.
Joe Galdo and his wife, Maryanne, have been residents of Fairfax for 32 years. They have five adult children and seven grandchildren, all living in Northern Virginia. He has a B.S. in Physics from Fordham University and a Ph.D. in physics from the University of Virginia.
For more on Joe Galdo’s campaign and to help elect him to Congress in November, go to www.joegaldo.com.